PVC Ceiling Panels in South Africa is an alternative product to Rhinolite for decorating, bathrooms, kitchens, business premises, etc. At PVCSA, we specialize in PVC Ceilings
What is a PVC Ceiling?
PVC Ceilings and accessories are made from Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Resins and Auxiliary Materials. PVC Ceilings or Polyvinyl Chloride - are ceilings that are made from robust plastic material, better known as PVC.
PVC Ceilings offer a sanitary environment for concerned parents and a stylish look, quick-to-install solution, modern and an entire house ceiling can be installed in less than a day, with no dust or mess.
PVC Ceilings are extremely practical ceiling systems and are suitable for indoor areas that are being renovated or require a fix. PVC Ceilings are non-porous, non-fibrous, and non-absorbent ceilings that are versatile making them the perfect choice for just about any indoor environment.
There are many advantages of PVC Ceiling Panels, are easy to install, offer sufficient insulation, are water and fire retardant, and are maintenance-free. These ceiling panels not only provide excellent insulation, keeping you warm in the winter and cool during the summer but they are also available in matt or gloss, are suitable for humid and dry environments, and come in a variety of colors.
Advantages of installing a PVC Ceiling
PVC Ceilings have many advantages over normal ceilings. They are easy to install
- PVC ceiling panels are quick to install with no mess or fuss
- PVC ceiling panels offer excellent insulation
- PVC ceiling panels are waterproof and fire retardant
- PVC ceiling panels are maintenance-free
- PVC ceiling panels last for years
Apart from being lightweight and easy to install, therefore being able to be installed with less labor, they are also very efficient insulators in summer and winter, due to the hollow core structure of the panels, and can reduce energy consumption in the home by eliminating the need to heat or cool it.
PVC Ceilings offer a sanitary environment for concerned parents with a stylish look, quick-to-install solution, modern and an entire house ceiling can be installed in less than a day, with no dust or mess.
PVC ceiling panels are extremely easy to clean using gentle household detergent dissolved in water. This means that all PVC ceiling materials are virtually dirt resistant because there are no pores, which can become filled with dirt.
Available in different designs and colors:
PVC ceiling panels are available in a large variety of colors and designs giving you a classy ceiling for a fraction of the cost of other ceilings.
No Water Absorption:
PVC ceiling panels have no water absorption (0.00%). PVC ceiling panels do not expand or contract when they come in touch with water. PVC Ceilings will protect your ceiling should the geyser burst and come in contact with water. These panels are a perfect fit for any bathroom and giving you peace of mind.
PVC Ceilings South Africa supplies our clients with detailed instructions for Plastic Ceiling Boards and PVC Ceiling Installation. For a quick and stress-free procedure, follow the instructions supplied to install your PVC Ceiling Panels.
• Ensure that the same shade and batch is used in one area.
• The product needs to be checked prior to installation.
• No claims will be entertained after installation.
• PVC Ceilings and PVC Cornices cannot be exposed to direct sunlight as there are no UV stabilizers in this product.
• Maximum brandering spacing is 500mm.
• Line brandering up, level, or horizontal.
• PVC Ceilings panels can be screwed onto wood or steel brandering.
• Screw your PVC Ceiling panel onto the brandering, using a TS16 or SSDS16 PVCSA approved screw. The panels must lay in the same direction as the main trusses.
• For warranty purposes, ensure that only TS16 or SSDS16 screws are used.
• Ensure that spacing is allowed between the walls when installing ceilings, this will assist with movement during cold and warm conditions (expansion and contraction)
• Make sure the screw head is fastened properly and sits flush with the groove of the ceiling panel.
• Clip the second panel with the tongue into the groove of the first panel.
• Knock panel gently on the side to secure close fitment. (Use the palm of your hand) Do not carry on until the panel is fitted correctly.
• In order to fit the last panel, cut the panel in the length with a carpet knife.
• Finish off the installation with a PVC Cornice.
• Dust ceiling with a cloth after fitment is done.
Call PVCSA today for more information regarding PVC Ceilings!